TDC64 is on display at the Cantabria Central Library as the kick-off to the region’s fourth annual TIPOS graphic design competition, which takes place later this year. This free exhibition has previously toured to Tokyo, Seoul, Warsaw, New York, Antwerp, Ontario, Saigon, and Auckland. TDC64’s tour through Spain has included Barcelona, Sabadell, Soria, Madrid, and Amilla, Granada.
As part of TIPOS, this show is sponsored by the Government of Cantabria and the Santander Creative Foundation, the cultural foundation formed by the Santander Council, Cantabria Government, Fundación Botin, Banco Santander, Cantabria University and Menéndez Pelayo International University to promote cultural activity.
The exhibition displays typography in a wide range of categories including books, posters, magazines, fanzines, multimedia applications, and animation pieces from many countries including the United States, France, Germany, Spain, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom, the People’s Republic of China, South Korea, and others.
The exhibition features eighteen typeface design winners selected from over 225 entries from 39 countries. Review the list of award-winning typeface designs from 2018 here, and read more about these Judges’ Choices:
- Cybu Richli’s Russian Revolution poster selected by Nicholas Blechman
- IBM Plex selected by Verena Gerlach
- Posters created by Burrow, Berlin for an exhibition on movement, selected by Mike Essl
- Mirza typeface design by Amir Mahdi Moslehi selected by Sahar Afshar
- A Shakespeare/hip-hop play by Barcelona’s İdil Gücüyener and Anna Kabanina, selected by Jon Key
- An innovative book designed by XXL Studio in Beijing, selected by Bryony Gomez-Palacio
- An open-source CJK typeface, designed by an international team for Google and Adobe, selected by YuJune Park
- A Global Alphabet book by Yuliana Gorkorov, selected by Natasha Jen
- The typeface specimen created by The New York Times Magazine team for last year’s TDC exhibition, selected by Gemma O’Brien
- Lamon typeface by Ditry Lamonov for Art.Lebedev Studio, selected by Dyana Weissman
- The “She Said” cover of The New York Times Magazine, selected by Susan Sellers
Gallery hours at the Library:
Mon-Fri from 9 AM – 9 PM
Saturday-Sunday from 11 AM – 8 PM