In light of recent public health updates regarding COVID-19, Ateneo De Manila University has closed its campus facilities through April 14.
Originally debuted in New York City, The World’s Best Typography: The 65th Annual Exhibition of the Type Directors Club (TDC65) is a travelling exhibit that features communication design and selections from the twenty-first annual typeface design competition hosted by the Type Directors Club in 2019.
Hosted by Areté, the creativity and innovation hub of Ateneo De Manila University, the exhibition displays typography in a wide range of books, posters, corporate branding, logos, web graphics, film and TV titles, products, and magazines from around the world. This exhibition arrives in Manila after its showings in Tokyo, Seoul, Warsaw, Lille, Barcelona, Nagoya, Minneapolis, Osaka, Taipei, and Ontario.
TDC65 will be on display in Manila, Philippines for a limited run, from February 22-March 27, 2020 in the George SK Ty Learning Innovation Wing of the university. Visiting hours are from Mondays-Fridays from 8 am to 7 pm, and on Saturday from 9 am to 5pm.
The exhibition is free and open to the public.
Read more about these Judges’ Choices, which are featured in this exhibition:
- Tien-Min Liao’s Ribaasu typeface design selected by Erin McLaughlin
- Rüdiger Schlömer’s Typeknitting book selected by Eddie Opara
- David Galar’s typographic identity system for virtual reality selected by Karin Fong
- State, the innovative variable typeface project created by MICA student Potch Auacherdkul, selected by Zipeng Zhu
- Orientation typeface created by Sandrine Nugue, selected by Kristyan Sarkis
- La Belle et la Bête, the second issue of the art and style magazine Pan & The Dream, created by New York’s Rational Beauty, selected by Ian Spalter
- The Bacteria Museum identity by SVA student Sunnie Lee, selected by Leo Jung
- Crochet typeface by You Lu, selected by Tobias Frere-Jones.